What's next in the world of social networks?
Empowr (www.empowr.com) is building the world's first social economy. What's a social economy? A social economy is taking the best of what you love about your favorite social network and allowing you the opportunity to monetize your time while you're there. It could be blogging about your passion, selling goods and services or using your expertise to help someone else become successful. We are building a platform that will enable the community to help itself through crowd-sourcing the expertise in the community. We will empower the community to help each other so that everybody wins.
What is empowr looking for?
We're building out our local San Diego engineering team and looking for DBAs. The DBA will support software engineers who will be responsible for building our product features and functionality. We have a huge vision and complex product so we need DBAs who can create and enforce efficient and scalable database designs and systems.
The DBA works closely with business intelligence analysts, database engineers and software engineers to create, review and maintain efficient and scalable database designs and code in the QA and production environments. The DBA provisions and configures SQL Server on networked cloud servers and is responsible for server monitoring, uptime, security, fault tolerance, applying system updates, backups and performance optimization.
Technical expertise required:
- 2+ years developing on and managing 24x7 highly transactional, multi-terabyte SQL Server 2005+ databases in a high availability configuration.
- Strong expertise in Microsoft Transact-SQL
- Good understanding of database security for SQL Server
- Experience in stored procedure performance tuning, query optimization, execution plans using PerfMon and SQL Server Profiler.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication.
- Experience using batch scripting and PowerShell.
- Experience using cloud technologies (AWS preferred).
- Bachelor's degree in computer science.
- End-to-end, full SDLC (software development life cycle) experience
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing requests
- A "whatever it takes" attitude (friendly, humble, positive, confident, self-starter)
The ideal candidate will:
- Install, configure and administer SQL Server 2005+ databases on Windows 2008 servers in a multiple server, high availability cloud environment including load/hardware analysis mapping, fault tolerance, and security.
- Design and develop database tables, stored procedures, functions, views of high quality following good software development practices on SQL Server.
- Design, automate and document backup, archival and cleanup tasks to meet business needs.
- Partner and interact with the engineering team and customers to find solutions for projects and operational issues
- Provide and enforce standardization and consistency across environments
- Implement database monitoring to ensure stable environments
- Share 24x7 on-call support with other DBAs
Why should I join empowr?
By now you've probably seen our website and the answer should be simple: you want to be a part of a team that's going to create a game changing social economy. You want to help build a social economy with the potential to touch and help billions of users across the globe. You will get to help shape the product and company as we scale and grow. You will get to work with a world-class leadership team, as well as specialists across technology, design, program, and strategy who have unparalleled knowledge and understanding of the social networking domain.
Where are you located?
Our headquarters are in downtown San Diego. If you're a great candidate, but not in San Diego we are happy to help you relocate.