What's next in the world of social networks?
Empowr (www.empowr.com) is building the world's first social economy. What's a social economy? A social economy is taking the best of what you love about your favorite social network and allowing you the opportunity to monetize your time while you're there. It could be blogging about your passion, selling goods and services or using your expertise to help someone else become successful. We are building a platform that will enable the community to help itself through crowd-sourcing the expertise in the community. We will empower the community to help each other so that everybody wins.
What is empowr looking for?
We're building out our local San Diego engineering team. These engineers will be responsible for building our product features and functionality. We have a huge vision and complex product so we need engineers who can create a clean and scalable code.
The Database Engineer is responsible for ongoing maintenance, support and optimization of SQL Server databases. The Database Engineer develops applications using .Net technologies to support internal business intelligence and customer configurations for the Development and QA database environments. The Database Engineer creates and modifies stored procedures and jobs for alerts, reporting, and database maintenance. This position supports installation of system upgrades and configures database users with appropriate rights and privileges. This position provides input and offers expertise in database scalability, fault tolerance, security and redundancy.
Technical expertise required:
- Experience working with mission critical, highly-available databases in a clustered environment.
- Experience with SQL Server 2005+
- Strong expertise in SQL scripting
- Experience with SQL Report Services
- Good understanding of database security for SQL Server
- Stored Procedure tuning and performance measurement tools
- Understanding of Clustered Server architectures and management
- Understanding of SSIS processes
- Understanding of SQL Replication
The ideal candidate will:
- Design and develop database-related software modules of high quality following good software development practices
- Partner with project teams and interact with customers to find solutions for projects and operational issues for existing and proposed databases
- Develop complex stored procedures, views and functions on MS SQL Server
- Provide standardization and consistency across environments
- Identify and initiate resolutions to user problems and concerns associated with database server equipment (hardware and software)
- Implement and monitor database functionality to ensure stable environments
Why should I join empowr?
By now you've probably seen our website and the answer should be simple: you want to be a part of a team that's going to create a game changing social economy. You want to help build a social economy with the potential to touch and help billions of users across the globe. You will get to help shape the product and company as we scale and grow. You will get to work with a world-class leadership team, as well as specialists across technology, design, program, and strategy who have unparalleled knowledge and understanding of the social networking domain.
Where are you located?
Our headquarters are in downtown San Diego. If you're a great candidate, but not in San Diego we are happy to help you relocate.