Mobile Software Engineer
What's next in the world of social networks?
Empowr (www.empowr.com) is building the world's first social economy. What's a social economy? A social economy is taking the best of what you love about your favorite social network and allowing you the opportunity to monetize your time while you're there. It could be blogging about your passion, selling goods and services or using your expertise to help someone else become successful. We are building a platform that will enable the community to help itself through crowd-sourcing the expertise in the community. We will empower the community to help each other so that everybody wins.
What is empowr looking for?
We're building out our local San Diego engineering team. These engineers will be responsible for building our Android and iOS product features and functionality. We have a huge vision and complex product so we need engineers who can create clean and scalable code.
Technical expertise required:
- 2-5 years working in C#, Java, Swift, Objective-C or other object oriented programming language(s)
- Android or iOS experience in a professional setting
- Xamarin experience is a plus
- Must currently be in a mobile development role
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
The ideal candidate will have:
- Great communication skills
- A get-it-done attitude
- The ability to work in a team setting
- Passion for coding
- A background in computer science or computer engineering
Why should I join empowr?
By now you've probably seen our website and the answer should be simple: you want to be a part of a team that's going to create a game changing social economy. You want to help build a social economy with the potential to touch and help billions of users across the globe. You will get to help shape the product and company as we scale and grow. You will get to work with a world-class leadership team, as well as specialists across technology, design, program, and strategy who have unparalleled knowledge and understanding of the social networking domain.
Where are you located?
Our headquarters are in downtown San Diego.