What's next in the world of social networks?
Empowr (www.empowr.com) is building the world's first social economy. What's a social economy? A social economy is taking the best of what you love about your favorite social network and allowing you the opportunity to monetize your time while you're there. It could be blogging about your passion, selling goods and services or using your expertise to help someone else become successful. We are building a platform that will enable the community to help itself through crowd-sourcing the expertise in the community. We will empower the community to help each other so that everybody wins.
What is empowr looking for?
We're building out our local San Diego engineering team. We would like to find a Product Manager with a passion for web and mobile applications. The ideal candidate should have experience with product ownership and presentation. We are looking for a self-starter, with experience creating and requirements and acceptance criteria, working with product owners, collecting user feedback and working with engineering teams to build amazing software.
Technical expertise required:
- Design and bring to market new social features and capabilities to drive customer engagement within software products
- Identify market opportunities through customer research and insights
- Prioritize customer needs and develop product roadmaps to deliver on meeting customer expectations
- Lead, create and launch market-leading product offerings in partnership with sales, marketing, engineering, user experience and support
- Own the product lifecycle from requirements gathering through production and release
- Turn global customer and market insights into actionable business and product requirements
- Build products that deliver great customer experiences
The ideal candidate will:
- Social feature development experience applying social within large consumer software applications
- Demonstrated experience managing the end-to-end product lifecycle for consumer or enterprise offerings
- Ability to develop and execute a successful product roadmap
- Experience with Agile development and methodologies
- Proven expertise leading cross-functional teams that together launch on-time and on-budget desktop, web or mobile software product offerings
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to think and lead complex projects simultaneously
- Successful history of delivering customer-driven products designed to create a great customer experience
Why should I join empowr?
By now you've probably seen our website and the answer should be simple: you want to be a part of a team that's going to create a game changing social economy. You want to help build a social economy with the potential to touch and help billions of users across the globe. You will get to help shape the product and company as we scale and grow. You will get to work with a world-class leadership team, as well as specialists across technology, design, program, and strategy who have unparalleled knowledge and understanding of the social networking domain.
Where are you located?
Our headquarters are in downtown San Diego. If you're a great candidate, but not in San Diego we are happy to help you relocate.