User Experience Designer
What's next in the world of social networks?
Empowr (www.empowr.com) is building the world's first social economy. What's a social economy? A social economy is taking the best of what you love about your favorite social network and allowing you the opportunity to monetize your time while you're there. It could be blogging about your passion, selling goods and services or using your expertise to help someone else become successful. We are building a platform that will enable the community to help itself through crowd-sourcing the expertise in the community. We will empower the community to help each other so that everybody wins.
What is empowr looking for?
We're building out our local San Diego engineering team. We're looking for a UX Designer with a passion for web and mobile applications. We are looking for a self-starter, with experience taking a product from concept to prototype, then building it out through rapid iterations.
Technical expertise required:
- Solid cross browser implementation understanding
- HTML, JQuery and CSS3 Expertise
- Responsive design understanding
- Ability to quickly convert ideas into standalone mock-ups
- Strong skills in vector and Illustrator format as well as Photoshop
- Research and keep current on technical tools and design software
- Organized and self-driven
- Opinionated and Passionate about great UX Design
- Bachelor Degree in Graphic Design, Related Visual Arts or equivalent experience
The ideal candidate will:
- Design, code and prototype innovative UX solutions for customers
- Interface directly with UX Design Director, Product Managers, Technology and others to represent creative ideas
- Provide elegant and simple visual solutions
- Create wireframes, user flows, functional specs and mockups to present to stakeholders
- Work directly with a highly skilled development team to prototype, test and iterate
- Switch gears quickly and able to work on multiple projects at once
- Strong understanding of web technology and responsive design
Why should I join empowr?
By now you've probably seen our website and the answer should be simple: you want to be a part of a team that's going to create a game changing social economy. You want to help build a social economy with the potential to touch and help billions of users across the globe. You will get to help shape the product and company as we scale and grow. You will get to work with a world-class leadership team, as well as specialists across technology, design, program, and strategy who have unparalleled knowledge and understanding of the social networking domain.
Where are you located?
Our headquarters are in downtown San Diego. If you're a great candidate, but not in San Diego we are happy to help you relocate.